Professor of the Warsaw University, habilitated doctor degree
Graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw. After doctoral studies she took an academic placement at the Centre Européen Universitaire in Nancy (France). Elżbieta Chojna-Duch has been an academic teacher involved in didactic activities for many years. During the period from 1974 to 1999, she was an adjunct professor and then a professor and a long‑standing head of the Chair of Financial Law at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw. Since 1991, she has lectured at the Centre for Local Government and Development Studies at the University of Warsaw and was the head of the Center during the period from 2005 to 2007. From 1995 to 2000 Elżbieta Chojna-Duch was the Vice-President of the Pawel Wlodkowic University College in Płock.
Elżbieta Chojna-Duch is a member of international public finance associations.
Since the 1990s Elżbieta Chojna-Duch held many important public functions:
– 1994-1995 and 2007-2009 – Vice-Minister of Finance,
– 1993-1995 – Member of the Local Government Board at the Office of the President of the Republic of Poland,
– 1999 – Member of the Legislative Council of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage,
– 2002-2007 – Member of the Board of the Supreme Audit Office (NIK),
– 2003-2004 – Chairperson of the Board of the National Healthcare Fund (NFZ),
– 2010-2016 – Member of the Monetary Policy Council.
Furthermore, Elżbieta Chojna-Duch is the author of over a hundred academic papers and publications in Poland and abroad as well as numerous academic opinions in the field of finance and financial law.
She speaks French, English and Russian.